Monday 25 April 2016

Trip to the A&E

October 2015:  I had a little bloody vomit accident for which we rushed to the hospital ! 
Thinking back at that time I guess my husband panicked more than I did ! 
Story goes like this 
I woke up at 5 in the morning and got sick (my normal routine) and saw that my puke was pink at first and then brown.
The first thing to do in such a situation will be DONT PANIC ! 
I hit the stopper on sink and collected a sample for the doctor to see . 
Next I woke my husband and we went to the A &E . 
After several initial check ups and details on what I ate last night , which was lamb curry (my mistake it was a little spicier than usual ) I was sent to the clinic to have the baby's heart beat checked . 
Everything seemed normal but they wanted to keep in under observation ... 
I changed into a hospital gown ( which made me feel sick ) 
I got a bed , people took my bloods, my heartbeat and blood pressure was being monitored ! All this really made me feel sicker than usual ! 
But I decided to keep a happy face amid all this ! The moment I started laughing the readings on the monitor spiked up ! It was so funny ! Hubby and I had a good laugh ... Ever heard that in an A&E ? 

About 5 hours later they told me the reason this happened was I had a little bister or cut in my oesophagus due irritation from the stomach acids (since the constant heart burn as well ) they thought I was low risk because I didn't puke again with bloods in it . 

We were then sent to the labour ward in the hospital where I would go few months down the line to have baby Elena  (more on that later ) and I got to see her again ! My precious baby in another scan ! This was to make sure all is well and the placenta and the baby are intact ! Well she was as happy as a rabbit ! Jumping up and down and moving all around ! No clue about what's going on outside ☺️

The whole day was tiring at most , but the best part was to see my baby girl again ! As this wasn't a scheduled scan. 
This whole experience gave us a chance for the hospital tour we didn't get to have. 

Tips from my experience would be -
1. Not every problem will be fatal for the baby. 
2. Thumb rule is to keep calm , stress will not do you any good. 
3. Take samples if possible , if not pictures are good too for the doctors to understand what could have gone wrong. 
4. Keep your doctor's or midwife's contact details handy. 
5. Always carry snacks or fruits with you . I regretted not having them with me there.

With that said be positive and know that this kind of an experience might not happen to you at all. Like my midwife always said "every pregnancy is different!" And everyone will deal with things differently. 
So I leave you with this thought now ... See you soon ! 
Xo
Pj 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment